There are many different types of slime. Some slime, such slime that you can get for your kids to play with. That type of slime is fun for kids of all ages, and even some adults have fun playing with slime! There are also some less than desirable slimes you may need to clean up, slime from slugs, slime from your tires, or even just regular nasty slime that develops over time. It is essential to clean slime up whenever you see it, whether it’s the slime your kids play with or nasty dirty slime that develops from a lack of cleaning.
How Do I Get Slime Out of Clothes?
Your kids’ clothes might be the most common place that your kids will get slime, but don’t panic whenever your kids come to you with slime-covered clothes. It is most definitely removable. There are several ways you can remove the slime effectively, including homemade cleaning solutions. Below is one of the most common and easiest ways to remove slime from your clothes or your kids’ clothes.
The most important thing is to take action as soon as you see the slime in the wrong place… my daughter put her slime in the drawer for several days before I spotted it… the drawer got a fat stain afterward. So act as quickly as you can, so the stains don’t remain!
Vinegar to Remove Slime From Clothes
- Remove excess slime from the clothes-The first thing you should do when your kids come to you with slime-covered clothes is remove the excess slime and dispose of it in the trash.
- Using vinegar to remove slime- This method of removing slime works better if the slime is still wet. The easiest way is to pour the vinegar over the slimed clothes and leave it there for about 5 minutes, maybe longer. Just make sure you do not leave it there so long that the vinegar dries.
- Scrub the slimed area with a brush- Once you’ve soaked the clothes in vinegar you should scrub the slimed area with a brush, sponge, or even your fingers.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water- Now you can rinse the slimed clothes with warm water
- Wash the clothes- After you’ve rinsed the clothes, you can wash them as you normally would. Once you’re finished your clothes will be slime-free.
How to Remove Dried Slime From Carpet
If you have kids and get your kids slime, it will inevitably be all over the place. Your carpet is no exception. Sometimes it will be in your carpet for a while before you notice it and will dry up before you get the chance to clean it. Dried slime can seem like a nightmare to clean, but if you follow these tips removing dried slime from your carpet will be easy.
- Scrape the slime off- You can use a butter knife or even a spoon to scrape up as much of the dried slime as you can. Once you have scraped up as much dry slime as you can you and dispose of it in the trash.
- Make a solution of vinegar and water- Use 1/2 cup of warm water and about 2/3 cup of vinegar and mix together thoroughly.
- Pour the solution on the dried slime- Once the carpet with the dried slime is covered in the vinegar solution let it sit for about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Scrub the dried slime- Once you have let the vinegar solution sit for a few minutes scrub the carpet, the dried slime should begin to break apart and be easy to scrub off from there.
- Repeat the process- This might take a few times to get all the slime out, repeat this process as many times as needed.
How to Remove Slime From Walls?
Your walls will likely be covered with the slime if you have kids, this can be frustrating, but it is definitely manageable. As soon as you’ve noticed slime stuck to your walls, it’s time to take action. Follow these simple steps to quickly and efficiently remove the slime from your walls. This process also works for slug slime as well.
- Start scraping- The first step to removing dried slime from your walls can be tedious, but scrape as much of the slime as you can using a spoon or butter knife.
- Make a homemade paste- Using baking soda, water, and vinegar, make a paste. Make sure to mix it all thoroughly. You should use about 1/4 cup water, about 1 tablespoon baking soda, and just a little bit of vinegar.
- Put the paste on the slimed wall- Let it sit for about 5 minutes or so
- Scrub it thoroughly- Scrub it with a brush, sponge, or scraper. This step might be tedious and take a while.
- Repeat the process as many times as needed- Removing slime from the carpet, for example, it might take a few times of repeating this process. Repeat the process as many times as needed until the slime is gone.
How to Remove Slime From Hair
Whether it is your hair or your kids’ hair, slime in the hair is never a fun experience. The important thing is to remain calm and does not pull your hair out. You will also be happy to hear that you will not have to shave your or your kids’ hair if you get slime in it.
- Rinse the hair in warm water
- Use conditioner- Make sure to generously lather the hair in conditioner and let it sit for a few minutes
- Use a fine-toothed comb- Once the hair is covered in conditioner, use a fine-toothed comb to brush through it and remove chunks of slime. Make sure to wash the comb while you do this step.
- Rinse the hair- Make sure to rinse the hair thoroughly and get all the conditioner out.
- Wash the hair- Now you can wash the hair as you normally would.
How to Remove Slime from a Bike Tire?
If you have a bike, one of the worst things to happen is getting slime stuck in your tires. It can be highly damaging to your bike, so you will want to remove it quickly and efficiently.
- First, clean the rim and the tire- You should be doing this regularly as well. You can do this with a wet washrag, or baby wipes.
- Remove the rim from the tire completely- You will need to get in all the hard to reach areas
- Remove excess slime- Once you have removed the tire and can see where the slime is remove all the excess slime. Usually, you can remove slime from the rim and tire using a wet rag or baby wipes
- Use degreaser- If regular water isn’t enough, use degreaser on the slimy tire. You can find degreaser on amazon.
- Put the tire back on- Once the slime has been removed, put the tire and rim back together on the bike.
How to Remove and Clean Slug Slime From Carpet?
Slug slime is a little different. Some of the previous tips work for slug slime. If not, though, here are some specialized tips for removing slug slime if you ever need to. This method also works for clothes as well.
- Wait until the slug slime has dried- Slug slime is easier to get out when it has dried
- Use white vinegar– Pour a generous amount of white vinegar on the area and wait for 5 minutes
- Scrape it off- Using a butterknife scrape the slug slime off
- Repeat the process as many times as necessary
- If you used this method on clothes make sure that you wash your clothes as you normally would afterward.
How to Remove Slime From Wood?
Removing slime from wooden floors can be a tedious task, but this method works very well.
- Using cornstarch and water make a paste
- Lather the slimy wooden floor with the cornstarch paste
- Allow it to sit for a while
- Scrape it up using a butter knife or spoon
- Repeat this process as many times as you need too
How to Remove Slime From a Blanket
If you notice your kids’ blankets covered in slime, don’t panic. It can be frustrating to have slime all over your kids’ blankets, especially after telling them not to make a mess. It doesn’t have to be impossible, though. Below are some tips to help remove the slime off your blankets quickly.
- Vinegar- This is the most common and easiest way to remove all types of slime. Soak the blanket in the vinegar for 10 minutes
- Vinegar helps dissolve the slime
- Wipe off the excess slime from the blanket.
- Repeat this process as many times as needed.
Overall, slime can be a daunting thing to clean up, but it does not have to be complicated or impossible. If you experience slime, whether it is from the kids or a slug, the most important thing to do is immediately take action. It can be easier if the slime is fresh. If you don’t catch it right away though, these tips will also help you. Remember, sometimes these accidents are inevitable. It happens, and nothing we do can stop it from happening. Now you have the resources. You will need to make slime clean up a lot easier and less stressful.