Pears are great-tasting fruit. They taste delicious and taste great when eaten in different ways. You can bake it or even grill it, and it would still come up delicious. Mixing it with other fruits and making a salad out of it, you’ll not get wrong. Pears are just great and are a great fruit to share with anyone.
Preparing an excellent-tasting pear treat would need you to cut it into several slices, but how to cut a pear? It is not a big problem since not that hard to slice. One of the best ways of cutting it is to start your cut right to its core and slide the knife down.
Cutting the pear through its core would help you ensure you are getting evenly shaped cuts. But it would be best if you had a good-quality knife and a chopping board. We have lots of excellent-quality knives and cutting boards that can help get the job done. Spare us some of your wonderfully done salad as you choose the best product to help you cut those pears.
How to cut a pear
- Before cutting or doing anything with your pear, it is advisable to rinse it first in cool water. Be sure you are washing thoroughly the skin to ensure that you are removing all dirt and bacteria. You can wash your fingers or you can opt to use a vegetable brush in scrubbing gently the surface of the peel just to make sure it is clean and safe.
- Peel your pear with either peeler or knife a pear skin, unlike an apple, can be thick and is not pleasant enough to eat. But if you are okay eating the pear skin, there is absolutely no problem with it. But we advise you to peel your pear so you’ll enjoy eating it.
- After you have peeled your pear, position it on your cutting board and slice the pear in half vertically. Be careful in using a knife to slice your pear from the stem to the bottom. Slice it nice and smooth like you slice an apple.
- You should cut a V-shape in the bottom of each half to remove the calyx because this part of the pear is hard and is not good to eat. It is woody and would practically taste like wood, and we do not advise you to eat it.
- Pull off the stem and the pear’s string using your knife. To do this, hold the stem against the edge of the knife. Just be careful in doing it, as you might cut yourself if you are not careful enough. Pull the stem away upward to make the stringy flesh attached to the stem comes away as well. You only need your hand to do this.
- Use a spoon in scooping out the core from both of the halves. The core is the round area in the middle of the end part of the pear and it has seeds on it and it has a different texture compared to the rest of the pear.
- Cut the pear into slices. If you want longer slices, make vertical cuts and horizontal cuts if you want smaller slices. You can decide on the thickness of your pear and cut it accordingly base on your liking.
MOSFiATA 5″ Chef Knife and 3.5″ Fruit Knife Set with Knife Sheath
Slice and dice your pear with no problem with these excellent pieces of knives, which are great kitchen essentials that you must have. They made it from premium-quality German stainless steel that is great in resisting rust and discoloration. This impressive set of knives is a must-have for every kitchen out there.
A great hand-polished by the finest renowned artisans with lots of experience under their belt, you are sure that what you have is durable and sharp. It can handle many slicing and make your life more fun. Designed with great precision, they create these knives ergonomically and are great for everyday use.
TUO Professional Japanese Knife for Vegetables and Fruits
There are excellent knives, and there are better ones. This one is simply one of the best and is a great kitchen partner for all of your slicing needs—a multi-functional knife that is great for different applications. You can perform a lot of slicing, cutting, and chopping won’t be needing an extra set of knives when you have this excellently designed knife.
The secret to this knife performance is its material construction. Made from an AUS-8 grade stainless steel blade polished by hand to perfection, this piece of kitchen essential is excellent for your kitchen needs. It can handle lots of work and is wear-resistant, ideal for slicing that pear into bite-size treats.
Gorilla Grip Oversized Cutting Board
You’ll get three excellent quality boards for a price for a meager price. You’ll get the best bang for your buck and enjoy countless hours of cutting all of your favorite fruits. It features a durable rubber border that keeps the board from slipping and sliding on your countertop for safer kitchen work.
You’ll get fantastic cutting boards that will help you with all of your kitchen tasks. Anyone can slice, cut, and chop with no problems and no worries. Get your favorite fruits and vegetables on top of these premium-quality cutting boards, and let these boards guide you on how to be efficient with your every move.
Caperci Heavy Duty Kitchen Chopping Board with Juice Groove
Take care of your knives and get the best results with this Caperci heavy-duty chopping board. It is significant, and you are sure that they perfectly sized it for a great kitchen experience. Size does matter when we are talking about chopping boards. Carve and do a lot of slices and dice with this excellent piece of the chopping board.
It is made from premium-quality and natural bamboo, durable, and great for absorbing shocks and strikes—designed with a deep juice groove that catches oozing juices that are perfect for making gravies and great-tasting sauces. You’ll be going to like this one definitely, and we are sure of that.